Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP) is being implemented as a World Bank assisted Project to improve the quality of technical education system in the country. TEQIP was conceived in pursuance of the National Policy on Education 1986 with a Goal to scale-up and improve quality of technical education and enhance existing capacities of the Institutions to become dynamic, demand driven, quality conscious, efficient and forward looking, responsive to rapid economic and technological developments occurring both at national and International levels. The broad objectives of the programmes are as follows:
- To create an environment in which Engineering Institutions selected under the programme can achieve their own set targets for excellence and sustain the same with autonomy and accountability.
- To support development plans including synergistic Networking and Services to Community and economy of competitively selected Institutions for achieving higher standards.
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness of the technical education management system in the states and Institutions selected under the Programme.
Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) Lucknow had one of the few Institutions selected for TEQIP-I and latter again selected for TEQIP-II. Both the above phases are completed successfully whereas the last phase was ended in 31st March, 2017.
Based on the performance of the Institute, IET Lucknow has been again selected for TEQIP-III for which an MoU between the State of UP and IET Lucknow was signed in the first quarter of 2017. TEQIP-III will focus on improving quality and equity in the Institution, improve the efficiency of the system through reforms and governance and twinning arrangements to build capacity and improve performance of participating Institutions.
The broader objectives of IET Lucknow for TEQIP-III are as follows:
- Increase enrolments in PG, PhD programmes in various disciplines.
- Establishing state-of-the-art laboratories, CoE for focused applicable research, innovation and startup centers.
- Improvement in teaching, learning and research competence i.e., improve student learning, student employability, development of a better system for assessment of student learning, increasing faculty productivity and motivation.
- Developing state-of-the-art center facilities e.g., computer center, library and data center, etc.
- To achieve better academic standards through accreditation.
- Mentoring & twinning arrangement activities.
- Efficiency Improvement through reforms and governance, better administration of the Institute with improved financial/academic autonomy.